Herbert Metzendorff & Co. KG

We moved!

From 25/07/2022: Hermann-Blohm-Str. 3 20457 Hamburg GERMANY

Company - History

1924 Year of foundation of HERBERT METZENDORFF & CO.
02.02.1949 Application and register of HERBERT METZENDORFF & CO. at Register of Commerce at Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg at record No. HRA32251.
1949-1983 Management by Mr. Herbert Metzendorff himself.
1960/1961 Building of a new warehouse and small parts stock. Relocation of the warehouse from Hamburg-Niendorf to Hamburg-Wilhelmsburg.
1962 Severe damage of city-office at Admiralitätsstraße due to the heavy flood. Relocation of the office to the "House of Marine" at Deichstraße in Hamburg city which where higher above sea level.
16.09.1983 Death of Mr. Metzendorff. The community of heirs continued the business.
01.01.1984 METZENDORFF & CO. becomes a limited liability company. The brothers Jörn Johannsen (graduated commercial man) and Hans-Peter Johannsen (graduated engineer) take over as liable partners. The daughter of Mr. Metzendorff becomes limited partner.
1987 Take over of the spare parts stock of bankrupt yard Böttcher & Gröning.
01.03.1990 New building of office at Hamburg-Wilhelmsburg. Office and warehouse are now in the same place. This enables more efficient and quicker settlements of orders.
1997 Extension of business to supply also accessories for yachts. The offer includes the complete technical aspect and is also supplied to private customers.
1998 Joining the "Verband Deutschen Schiffsausrüster" (VDS) and the "International Ship Supplier Association" (ISSA).
1999 Joining the "Gewerbeverein Finkwarder".
2009 Hans-Peter Johannsen leaves the company and is replaced by Torben Johannsen